Saturday, February 7, 2009

Trusting God

This week has been a hard week for me personally. I am really missing all of my great friends back in Minneapolis. Weekends are especially hard for me because I feel so lonely. I know many of you might be thinking how stupid this sounds, but I feel as if I am alone a lot here and I do not like it. I just miss the way life used to be in Minneapolis and I find myself asking if I made the right move by coming to Springfield. I correct myself often and remind myself that God directed me here and He has my best interest in mind. Graduation is less than 3 months away and I am looking forward to that.

I have been away from Keegan for almost 8 months and I am so ready to be with him. It has been so hard being away from him. I have learned to appreciate all of the little things in him. Our relationship has went through things, but in the end we are closer because of it. Hopefully for Spring Break (less than 3 weeks away) I will be going up to Minneapolis to see him and my friends.

One thing that God is teaching me here is being content with the circumstances in which I live. I am learning that when I feel alone it is okay. I am learning that when I do not understand, God does. I am learning that things always do not go according to the way I want them, and that is okay. Through all of this my trust level with God has been taken to a new 'level.' However, God always finds ways to remind me that He loves me and cares for me. Coming to Evangel has been a challenge but a good one. I am coming out a better person. Being around Ben and Shawna has been such a blessing. Also, I am receiving a great education down here. I am still blessed and I cannot complain, but rather count my blessings. All in all, God remains faithful. I coming up to a new chapter in my life and I am excited to see where God brings me. Who would of thought I would of tranfered my senior year in college? Never in a thousand years, so who knows what's next on God's agenda. All I know is that I am okay with whatever!

3 comments:

Heather Cherie said...

umm... we need to go to coffee. :)

Christina said...

Oooh! Let's set a skype date for the weekend!! I'd love to chat with you!!

Rachel said...

Christa! I love hearing your heart and what's going on. I really understand loneliness and often wonder why God continually seems to bring me to this place. Yet as Christina reminded me when I talked with her this weekend; sometimes he wants to bring us back to him and it takes loneliness often for us to really focus on him and trust him. Can't wait to see you!

Post a Comment