Sunday, February 1, 2009

This Past Week

Sooo much has happened this past week! It has been an exciting but busy week! Well I started by watching the Bachelor Monday night. I love watching the show. I remember being at Rachel's apartment with some girls from church having a Bachelor party!! It was so much fun! After, that I went sledding at this closed down water park. It was a blast!!! Anyways... Tuesday and Wednesday I did not have school due to an ice/snow storm. Missouri is funny because the weather has not bad at all, however they do not have many snow plows. It is weird they hardly put salt out either. They definitely do not know how to handle snow/ice. Church was even canceled Wednesday evening, and Life Groups on Thursday were as well. It was hard getting back into the groove of things especially having only two days til the weekend. I spent Tuesday the entire day working on school. I had a very unexpected but pleasant surprise Thursday night. My family came down to visit and they left early this morning. It was so good to have them down here. Sara and Nathan slept over in the dorms with us. Friday, I worked all day and then hung out with my family. It was funny because they were on campus for a little bit and people would come up to me and say I saw your family. They say we all look alike and how we have a big family. My dad took us along with some friends out to a very nice Chinese restaurant. It was authentic Chinese. I am pretty picky about my Chinese since I used to live in China. Then all seven of us kids and our friends went to a hockey game. After the game, John David got to keep a hockey stick from one of the players. He was sooo happy. We spent the rest of the night hanging out. I have been working out consistently and it has been such a good feeling. I woke up really sore this morning.

I do not know if many of you know this but I have a roommate and I absolutely love her. She is a God send=) We met at North Central as we lived next door in our suites. Her name is Brooke and she just transferred here. It was been awesome to get to know her. I say it was a God send because it was at such a needed time. It has been hard transferring and finding a really good friend who I can trust. It has been nice to have a roommate again to talk to, hang out and even share clothes. I am blessed and God is so good!

I am so blessed to have a family like that one I belong to. I just love how there is so many of us, yet we get along so well. I hang out with Ben and Shawna all the time, and I never get sick of it. It has been awesome going to school with them. I know that when I graduate I will miss them a lot! Also, having two little babies is a blast! They add so much life to our family. It feels as if they have been there my entire life. I also have amazing parents. I could not ask for a better family. I am so blessed! God has also blessed me with great friends. I do not know what I would do with them. It is hard being away from my besties but its okay. Friendship does not fade just because you live apart.
"Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens his friend's countenance." Proverbs 27:17

0 comments:

Post a Comment