Thursday, February 5, 2009

Life Groups

Tonight we started up our Life Group for the 2009 year! I am sooo excited. I am a leader in Senior High at an amazing church called James River. It is a church of 10,00 and the Youth Group is the largest in the A/G I believe. We are number one in Speed the Light this year. God is using Real Life to help raise over 1 million dollars this year for Speed the Light. Scotty Gibbons, our Youth Pastor, even wrote a book about how Real Life raised over 90,000 in just 11 weeks. God is doing some awesome things. The students are so passionate there and real. They have a yearning for God that is so deep. The youth group is really big about 800 students but it doesn't seem that big. They do a really good job with getting to know students on a personal level. So my Life Group is called Antidote. Tonight we had around 14 people. I am very excited to see what God is going to do in our group this year. These kids are going through so much that it breaks my heart. I have such a heart for each and every one and its only the first night. We just had a game and food night tonight.

Last night at Real Life David Grant spoke. Every time I hear that man tears come to my eyes. He is the most incredible man of God I have ever met in my entire life! His testimony is so powerful. He spoke about this little three year old whose mother died from being HIV positive. Her mom was sold when she was twelve into the sex trade in India. This little girl has HIV positive also, but God miraculously healed her from everything! She is now a beautiful healthy young girl. With God all things are possible. The next time I go on a missions trip will be to Bombay, India.

I am so excited for what God has in store for me in the near future. I want to be involved in youth ministry upon graduation and will be for the rest of my life. Keegan has so many awesome opportunities out there. God is going to use him in a mighty way. I am excited to see what God is going to do in the next 3 months. It is soo exciting just sit back and watch God move. We serve an amazing God! I am ready to be used by God and serve Him in ministry for the rest of my life.

1 comments:

Christina said...

Oh Christa!! I'm so happy to hear it! You are such a beautiful person, and your love for God is so transparent! I love your heart for people, those students are blessed to have you in their life! I'm also excited to see where God brings you and Keegan :) XOXOXO

Post a Comment