Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Date is Official

We have officially set our wedding date!! I am marrying my best friend on Saturday April 17th, 2010!! It is only 74 days away!! I cannot wait & I am extremely happy. Keegan & I actually met 3 years ago today. I guess I will share the story of how we met : ) Every year since freshman year in college, Gina invited all of her friends to her house for her birthday. Gina is from Green Bay, Wisconsin so we all road tripped it up! My sophomore year out of the 16 people who went Keegan was one of them. Gina's mom made us all lasagna for dinner & later that night a bunch of us started to get hungry so we dished up some more lasagna. In he process of warming everything I warmed up Keegan's plate & dished him out his lasagna & he was like "Ooooo yeah she knows that food is the way to a man's heart." We laugh about it now. Keegan noticed me that weekend & was interested, I on the other hand was not looking at the moment. I just got out of a relationship & was in no rush! At school before we met, he knew of me & saw because he was friends with all of my friends & he was always like "I want to get to know that girl." It definitely was God ordained as I look back 3 years later. I was finally caught on the hook ; ) His floor was actually my brother floor that year also. After eating lasagna a group of us, including Keegan & I, played cards & then we all settled in & watched a movie. That weekend was a great start to our relationship & one to remember for sure. Ironically, we met on my half birthday ; )

There is sooo much wedding planning that I have to accomplish before moving. Here is my to-do-list that I am hoping to accomplish this week:
1. Have my bridesmaids buy their dress & find their shoes- I am going with my bridesmaids on Saturday to get that done
2. Buy my veil & under garments
3. DIY Invitations- Keegan designed them & I am going to assemble them & mail them out.
4. Buy the flower girl dress- I already picked it out
5. Starting compiling the menu for the reception
6. Confirm the time of the ceremony- We are thinking 2pm. I wanted it to be at 4pm however since it is going to be at my church & we are mostly doing everything ourselves, they need enough time to clean up since we have church the next morning. It is going to take a couple hours to clean up & my dad doesn't want to be in bed at midnight. So we compromised & I understand as well that cleanup is a huge thing & will be a lot of work.
7. Look for my shoes- I already know the style I am aiming for.
8. Send out save-the-date emails to out of town guest that I know need an advance notice. I know it might sound cheesy but we don't have time to send out save-the-dates & I want to give people ample time to make arrangements. This is especially for Keegan's family as they all live out-of-state.
9. Set up appts with the florist- Got some ideas as to what flowers I want.

We will see how far I get on the list. I will be gone this weekend, so that takes a lot of time away. I am having my first shower on Saturday! My friends in Minneapolis are throwing me one. I am very excited & I cannot wait to see all of my wonderful friends again. I miss you all!! I have ran into one problem though, a BIG problem for me (ha!)... I cannot decide what to wear. I want to wear a dress, however it is freezing there. It is not summer yet so that takes away from all of the cute summer dresses that are coming out! I went to look for something on Saturday with my sister & came home with NOTHING! I think I am going to go look at work for something. Got any suggestions???

2 comments:

Christina said...

YEAAAAAHHH!!! so much fun ;) I'm glad you are blogging the details ;)Sounds like you've thought thru sooo much already and have a lot to do! hehe!

What about a sweaterdress with a big belt, wool tights, and cute boots! throw in some fur and you'll be dazzling ;) hehe! whatever you wear will be beautiful!!

Lindsay said...

I have a little surprise for you on my blog :-)

Post a Comment