Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Found The Dress

It has been a while since I blogged. I have been meaning to, but have been very busy lately. Thanks to Lindsay for pushing me to get on it! Well... I found THE DRESS! It was one of the best feelings ever! My mom was even sold, she kept telling me, "Christa it's the one!" When I first went to look at dresses I had a different style in mind, but when I tried this new style on, I surprising loved it. I am in the process of getting all of the accessories together for the dress. I just cannot wait to walk down the aisle & say I do to my best friend in the dress!!

The date has not been finalized as of today, but the tentative date is April 24th. There have been many things that had to be figured out before we finalize the date. We actually should be finalizing the date before Friday. We do have the location for the ceremony & the reception. It is going to be at my church. At first I did not want it to be here, but after talking this through with my parents, we can actually do a lot of unique things. Also, the best part is that there is no time limit!!

I am the oldest child so my parents haven't planned a wedding in 25 years. I am the first grand-daughter to get married on my dad's side & the 2nd oldest grandchild to get married on my mom's side- my cousin got married 10 years ago! So, with all of that, wedding planning is very new in our family. With the help of some friends, I have gotten a lot of questions answered. It is great being able to use friends as resources, especially those who recently just got married or who are going through the planning process right now. I have been so busy lately, that I feel like a lot of my thoughts about the wedding are so scattered, I need time to organize & gather my thoughts. After the date is finalized, I think it will relieve some of the pressure that I feel. Planning a wedding within 3 months, is not going to be an easy task, but I am sure up for it. Keegan has been & is really good making sure I do not get stressed. If you have any tips about planning a wedding, please share of your secrets : )

Well, I officially put in my resignation for my job. I am going to be moving to Georgia February 19th, if everything goes as planned. I will be staying with a couple in Georgia who are the same age as Keegan & I. Keegan has known Brett for 12 years & he is his bestman also. I am sooo excited to FINALLY be with Keegan everyday & just being able to enjoy life together. It is going to be a HUGE adjustment for me- living in the south, being a pastors wife, away from my family, having to find a job, & having to make all new friends. I am very nervous about this change but excited also. I am trusting God that everything will work out & that as I am pulled totally out of my comfort zone that I will find peace & comfort in God.

This past weekend Keegan & I took engagement pictures & did our bridal registry. I went down to Atlanta to do all of this. A guy in the church blessed us with our engagment photos, which was a huge blessing. Thanks Will! I will post them soon. We registered at Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, & Macy's. We mostly registered at Bed Bath & Beyond. It was a ton of fun getting to choose from so many different options. We had a very busy weekend, but we were blessed because my flight got cancelled Sunday night due to tornado warnings & bad weather, so I got to stay another night & watch the Vikings game (I rather not talk about that) and spend some more time actually relaxing with Keegan. Well that is the update about my life thus far of being engaged for 1 month & 2 days : ) It is pretty crazy but exciting at once. I am soo looking forward to being a married women & this new journey. I will get some pictures up soon & let you know the actual confirmed wedding date.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

yay for the dress!!!! that is so much fun... and to KNOW what you will be wearing on the best day of your life!! Do you have a link to the e-photos? i'd lvoe to see more of them!

You ARE going to have a ton of adjustments!! wow! All in the last year I ended my job, job searched, got married, moved, started a new job, AND adjusted to living with a boy! I can't imagine moving away from family too. You will do so great, its so wonderful to have hte support of your best friend and get to live with eachother! i'm so excited for you guys!!

Christina said...

that is so wonderful Christa!!! I am glad Lindsay is encouraging you to keep your blog going, I second that!!! I love following the wedding planning, especially since I can't be there to see it all happening or be there on your special day! I was hoping you'd have a summer wedding, but I completely understand the desire to get married soon especially since you're so far apart! I'm glad you get to go a bit early and be with each other! Are you doing pre-marital counseling down there? Can you send a link to your wedding dress in a fb message? I'm so excited for you as well!! It will be nice to have that settled feeling after everything being so up in the air!!

Christa Ann said...

Lindsay- I will get you that link. Thanks for the encouragement!

Christina- I am sad also that you cannot come. That did cross my mind when deciding a date however, the summer is really busy for Keegan with church. I will send you via FB the link of my dress! We are doing pre-marital counseling hence one of the reasons I am moving before getting married.

Post a Comment