Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Shower

I had my first shower last weekend hosted by 3 of my bridesmaids. It was such an amazing time & Keegan & I were truly blessed. It was so great to see all of my friends & be able to celebrate with them. My shower was at Ruthanne's house & she was an excellent host. She decorated everything so beautiful & had a really cute punch bowl that tasted amazing! We played 3 games: 'The Purse Game' where you are given a list of items & you check off the items that you have in your purse & then total up the points. I won that game!! The next game we played was 'Who knows Christa the Best', of course my maid of honor, Alexis, won that game. She was not allowed to win so Jackie won the game!! They also asked Keegan a series of questions about me & I answered them & then they asked me a series of questions about Keegan & read Keegan's answers out loud to see how well we know each other. We know each other very well & sooo ready for marriage ; ) One question that we pretty must answered word for word was: "Christa, where do you see you & Keegan 10 years from now?" Answer: "We will be married, Keegan will be a youth pastor, I will be a stay at home mom, we will have 2-3 kids, & we will be living near my family."

It was sooo much fun to be able to spend time with my bridesmaids. We hung out all weekend long & we even did a little shopping!! We always find the greatest deals together. It is quite funny because we can all fit the same size of jeans even though we all have different body types! It reminds me of the 'Sisters of the Traveling Pants!' We picked out bridesmaids dresses! The color is called lapis, a dark royal purple color. I am very excited about the dresses. We still have to pick out shoes & I think we are going to get silver shoes.

My dress came in & I have my first dress fitting this week before I move on Friday!!!!! It is soo gorgeous & I cannot wait to wear it!!!! I got one pair of shoes ; ) I got my white shoes that I will be wearing at the ceremoney & reception. I also want a color shoe for fun pictures. How can I resist, or any women for that matter!! I just have to determine the color & find the shoes I want!

1 comments:

Christina said...

how lovely Christa!!! All the wedding fun :) You have such a wonderful group of friends and sphere! I like your 10 year plan and I'm glad you have some time away from family to begin your marriage but hope to end up closer home to be near grandparents! The details all sound so beautiful too! it will be a knockout bridal party!

Post a Comment